Forever United
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Starting a new server?

+2
Pothead
Fallen_Legacy
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Starting a new server? Empty Starting a new server?

Post  Fallen_Legacy Sat 13 Feb - 0:07

The server will be LOCKED for everyone that has not paid. Anyone can pay, this server is for the dedicated few that are still around and want to play on a server with less cheating, abusing and newbies.

If you are interested please enter a comment below!

The server will have the same settings and rules as 4U. It will be administrated by 4U admins, votes for non-4U admins will be held. Adminships can be withdrawn without warning in case of abuse! This server will be used for inclan (all members welcome) for 1Hx2  every month.

If there is a surplus in money it will be used to pay for the public server in order to attract more players. If there is a surplus after that it will go towards creating an ad-free environment in forum and eventually towards a price in a tournament or something - I would not count on the latter one becoming a reality.

If you pay your IP will be added to a list and you will be given a password. Cheaters will be banned. No refunds will be given. Votes will be held regarding whether a ban should be removed or kept in place. Admins will have 2 votes all other players (4U-member or not) will have 1 vote.

The maplist will be created and updated with the use of polls. Everyone will have 1 vote.

The forum used will be the public section of this (4U's) forum.

Payments will be made via PayPal. 5 EUR will give you access to server for 2 months. If this server becomes popular (= high revenue) the prices will be lowered! This server is not created in order to make money, the only goal of this server is to keep 4U afloat financially.

I hope you all found this to be an interesting idea. Please comment below!
Fallen_Legacy
Fallen_Legacy
Manager
Manager

Donor : Starting a new server? Donateicon
Mood : Pervert

http://www.4uclan.net

Back to top Go down

Starting a new server? Empty Re: Starting a new server?

Post  Pothead Sat 13 Feb - 1:19

sounds good, but will people pay? i dont mind the 5 euros.. u can count on me
Pothead
Pothead
Admin
Admin

Mood : Smoked

Back to top Go down

Post  Fallen_Legacy Sat 13 Feb - 2:23

Let me add that ALL COLOR CODES will be forbidden (in both servers) if this server becomes a reality.
Fallen_Legacy
Fallen_Legacy
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post  JoJo Sat 13 Feb - 14:11

Fallen... A few questions for you!

1. Where will we get the server from? You'll fix it or you had in mind I would?
2. A new server ~ 12 Euro a month. You don't think we should focus on current clan cost?
3. Main server would be less active?
4. As we know, some guys in clan do wanna donate, but they can't due to personal stuff. State in life / problems with PayPal / credit card etc.

I don't know Fallen.. I like the idea, but it smell pancakes to me..
JoJo
JoJo
Overseer [Clan Founder]

Mood : Shh!

https://www.evolvehq.com/players/jojoswe http://www.4uclan.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Pothead Sat 13 Feb - 14:48

well, i think that we should focus a bit in trying to improve our main server quality... and lets see what the rest of the clan thinks about this idea!!! and i really think we should do more in-clan etc.... without clan members help its not gonna be possible so lts see what they have to say
Pothead
Pothead
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  rozz_vanity Sat 13 Feb - 15:19

Well first of all I want to say GJ on Fallen for bringing the idea! If u think its possible I would say why not?

However, JoJo made good points, also idk enough of these things of how the finance would look like and would be succesfull.
Maybe it would be wiser to make sure main server is high quality again (first of all this mups/markmods thing we have going on now), I mean if we not go for extra server now, wouldn't mean it can't be done in the future.

Anyway, keep throwing the idea here and in server and see if enough people (seriously) wanna go for it.
rozz_vanity
rozz_vanity
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post  Pothead Sat 13 Feb - 16:14

for exemple in food server as the tendency do crash, and when the extra slots are in use (17,18) server gets way laggy.. we could start by putting only 16 slots. what u think? that would improve gameplay and it will be less laggy... we couls start with that. I think that we also could take evenstar from map list. i like the map but most of swaat players dont know the map and when is late ( time i play more often) sometimes there is no SA in server so server goes empty really fast and players just kill the vip on purpose to skip the map
Pothead
Pothead
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Fallen_Legacy Sat 13 Feb - 16:25

Guys keep this thread to topics concerning the new server not the old...I will remove posts that concerns the already existing one. All I say here goes hand in hand with what I have said before. We need money...not in the form of handouts from a selected few but as a payment for a service. All income will go towards clan expenses. Sure we might see less players in the public server but it is full most of the time when activity is high.

I have already calculated all the costs. That is why I say a minimum of 14 contributors paying 5 EUR for 2 months. That is about 25EUR (PayPal fees accounted for) every month.

Noted Pothead: The new server will only have 16 slots.
Fallen_Legacy
Fallen_Legacy
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post  vitess Sun 14 Feb - 15:51

Fallen_Legacy wrote:
I have already calculated all the costs. That is why I say a minimum of 14 contributors paying 5 EUR for 2 months. That is about 25EUR (PayPal fees accounted for) every month.

Noted Pothead: The new server will only have 16 slots.

I am not having so much trouble with the players (possible cheaters / noobs ) that are playing now on the server. I dont really mind it, but to help the server I would pay some money. But do you think there are more players that find the cheaters and noobs such a big problem? Do you think there will be enough players prepared to pay money when they can go to an ESA or SoH server instead?
vitess
vitess
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Mood : Hyper

Back to top Go down

Post  Zer0G Sun 14 Feb - 17:42

vitess wrote:
Do you think there will be enough players prepared to pay money when they can go to an ESA or SoH server instead?

I think you misunderstand Vitess - the existing Forever United server would continue to be open to all players. Fallen is discussing the possibility of a second, private server. The question of players defecting to ESA or SoH is therefore moot.
Zer0G
Zer0G
Detective
Detective

Mood : Cool

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next